Sorry mommas if I have been accidentally on blogging hiatus. Blame it to my husband. Hehe. Well, the previous post was already mostly much about him (and the dining table), so I thought of writing a highlight article about what and how R is (and there you go saying, "again?!" Lol). I'm striking whilst the iron is hot, ya know. My marriage with my Army kind of guy is going through such a good time so let me share with you some realizations/facts/tips about men and how I fared with my own.
But wait, I will do you a favor. This will not solely revolve around my confession of love for him (did I hear you say yay?!) but something like making men happy. If I have a reader who's NBSB, this could be like an insider of sorts. I think I have told you, ladies before that I had a few guys in my life prior to my soldier so I kinda know a bit about these male homo sapiens. I am not making it sound like I'm an expert here, but I will base my write-up on how my man showed his entirety to me. No pun intended.
1) If a man can't cook, you don't need to be a Julia Child. Fancy dishes will not make them realize you're a keeper. Whip up a hearty meal from a canned good and satisfy his hunger. He will forever thank you for that. But take note, the hearty meal should taste better than what the neighboring small eatery offers. Study. Watch shows with lots of food porn. Read a cook book. And practice, practice, practice. Or else, he might go there all day every day where Aling Shirley lives. However, if he is an Erwan Heusaff, don't just sit like a queen waiting for his gourmet specialties. Clean up his mess. Or take a nice bath. You might make him wanna skip the dessert. ;)
2) Know his favorite color [on you] and own few pieces with that hue. I noticed how my husband would lovingly look at me when I wear any top in shades of green. He's not the kind of guy who could give out a sappy one-liner that will sweep me off my feet, but the way he looks at me is enough proof that I can still turn him on. Naks. How to really know your man's choice of color? Make him buy you a shirt. R did and I took that cue.
3) I am not a sports-enthusiast. Or anything happy when it's about sports. I am not a weakling and I can actually be really active if I have to. It's just that there's something about it that makes me feel so uninterested. But if your man insinuates he wants to watch Lebron's bragging moves and see Miami lose (oops, that's what I heard from him, don't hate), be the most supportive wife or girlfriend by making yourself busy. That is, if you can't stand seating next to him, like I do.
4) Give him something he really likes. This may be tough because men stuff are expensive. Have you shopped for your beau lately? They have the most expensive shoes! And you can't buy them a shirt from a local tiangge. Let's hint ourselves by knowing what their fetishes are. Is he a movie buff? Buying him the DVD copy of his favorite film won't hurt but it's going out with him looking for a Lazy Boy or helping him build his home theater that could put him in nirvana. How does he dress up? If he's into tributary shirts, you could try Team Manila, Art Work or Ekoy's. That could be so motherly, actually. Hehe. But it's good enough. If you want to go beyond motherly duties and make him melt, it's belting out his favorite song in your most rocker self in a videoke night with friends that will make him proud you are his. I'm not just sure about those guys whose favorite song is Pusong Bato. Can you pull it off? ;)
5) Lastly, a normal human being farts, picks booger and stinks. So make yourself normal with him. A man who can stand the foul smell of your Malabanan-awardee fart can be the same man you will spend your life with until you decide to crochet with a cat rolled on your feet while you're on a rocking chair. I'm so blessed I found mine already. :D
These are just a few but I hope it's fun to read and will eventually help. Can you add more that your man indirectly taught you? I'll be glad to see that in the comments! :)